April is Child Abuse Prevention Month!
- This event has passed.
Child Abuse Prevention Month is going virtual, and we want you to join us. Follow us on Facebook to keep up with what’s happening:
• Kid-friendly Safer, Older, Smarter and Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers Program video presentations by CAN Council Prevention Education Coordinators
• Child Abuse Prevention tips and education from the CAN Council’s Prevention Programming
• Resources relevant to stress, anxiety and mental health management, talking to children about the COVID-19 Pandemic, adjusting to the “new normal”, etc.
• Collaborations with other community organizations featuring learning and arts & crafts activities
In these uncertain times, the children in our region need us now, more than ever. Let’s band together and flood social media with prevention programming and pinwheels!
Other ways to get involved:
• Create a masterpiece with your kiddos, your partner, or yourself and color our pinwheel coloring page. Show your support for Child Abuse Prevention by displaying it proudly and sharing it with us on Facebook! Download the Pinwheel Coloring Page
• “Plant” a virtual Pinwheel Garden by updating your Facebook cover photo to the above image! Right click the photo, save it, then set it as your cover photo.