Building Resiliency Training for Bay & Arenac County CAC & MDT Members
- This event has passed.
This training session is only intended for CAC and MDT members of Bay & Arenac Counties.
Note: There is a separate training session for Saginaw County CAC and MDT members at the CAN Council Great Lakes Bay Region – Saginaw County location.
CAC and MDT members who work with abused children often emphasize the importance of building resiliency in these young victims. However, they sometimes overlook the need to develop resiliency in themselves. If providers are unable to cope with the difficult situations inherent in their work, they are susceptible to secondary traumatic stress or burnout. To maintain a healthy perspective, then, providers must learn how to build their own individual resiliency. But it is also the ethical responsibility of the organization to create an environment that supports and encourages this critical strength for the effective functioning of the CAC/MDT.
The “Building Resiliency in MDTs” training was adapted with permission from the “Building Resiliency in Child Abuse Organizations” curriculum developed by the Office for Victims of Crime.
- Identify the five core elements of resiliency.
- Describe how the core elements relate to the organizational resiliency model.
- Describe ways organizations can implement strategies through the organizational resiliency model.
- Identify challenges to resiliency in your MDT.
- Create strategies to build capacity for resiliency in your MDT.
- Create an action plan for implementing strategies for building resiliency.
- Tom Knapp, Executive Director, MINCA
- Maggie Devlin, Training Coordinator, MINCA
Registration required. Click here to reserve your seat today!