With many of our traditional Fourth of July events cancelled this year due to the current health crisis, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate the holiday with your family safely!
Get creative and have fun this Independence Day! If you need some suggestions, here’s a list of safe and fun activities for you and your family to consider:
- Go camping in your own backyard: Set up a tent and enjoy a night under the stars
- Have a dance off: Light the night with glow sticks and dance to your favorite tunes
- Pack a picnic and visit a local park: Remember to follow all posted signage
- Make a festive snack or craft: Enjoy a patriotic DIY project with the kids
- Watch a movie under the stars: Check YouTube to learn how to make a projector using your smart phone
- Create a waterpark at home: Set up sprinklers and a splash pool filled with water balloons
- Plan an online watch party: Enjoy a patriotic fireworks show online
- Have a sports-a-thon: Plan a friendly competition with members of your household
- Fly a kite: Add to the fun and build your own kite
- Go for a bike ride: Enjoy a bike ride around your neighborhood or local park
Happy Independence Day, from all of us at the CAN Council!