Parent Support Programs
Each year, the CAN Council hosts the Baby Academy as a community baby shower for expectant mothers and caretakers of infants. The event features prevention education seminars and various giveaways from our community partners. Preregistration is required, and participation is limited to the first 200 to register.
Interested in helping sponsor the Baby Academy or donating a giveaway item? Please contact the CAN Council office in your county.
Make Parenting a Pleasure
12 sessions; 2-hour sessions; for highly stressed parents of children 0-8 years old
- Getting Started
- Nurturing/Taking Care of Ourselves
- Understanding Stress
- Stress & Anger/Management & Techniques
- Managing Anger/Modeling Alternatives
- The Dance of Communication/Nonverbal Communication/Listening Skills
- Child Development/The Basics
- Discipline: Laying the Foundation
- Discipline: Parents’ Toolbox
- Discipline: Changing Behavior