2022 Child Abuse Prevention Month
- This event has passed.
Child Abuse Prevention Month is a nationwide initiative that challenges our community to examine the impact of child abuse and what we can do to prevent it.
Proud Sponsor of Child Abuse Prevention Month: Michigan Sugar
Help the CAN Council further their impact on our community in April by getting involved:
- Wear blue on Friday, April 1st and share a photo on social media using the hashtag #WearMIBlue to raise awareness for #ChildAbusePreventionMonth!
- Keep up with CAN Council’s Facebook Page during the month of April for child abuse prevention content, fun family activities, and other opportunities to engage and raise awareness.
- Host a fundraiser for CAN Council’s child abuse prevention efforts at your school, church, civic group, place of work, or on your Facebook profile. If you’d like some assistance in coming up with some fundraising ideas, we can help – just contact Danielle at email@example.com
- Make a pinwheel at home with this fun tutorial by Thor from Saginaw Art Museum and his daughters, and “plant” it in your yard!
- Print and color a Pinwheel Coloring Page with your child, and display it with pride!
- Tuesday, April 5th at 12pm Stewards of Children: Mini presentation Stewards of Children: Mini is a 20-minute condensed version of CAN’s Stewards of Children prevention training, with a focus on the 5 Steps to Protecting Children. This event is free and open to the public! Register here or call us at (989) 752-7226.
- Learn more about the program here: http://www.d2l.org/education/5-steps/
- Monday, April 11th, 10-11 am Adult Media Safety A one-hour presentation educating adults on the dangers of the internet while providing tools to keep their children safe online. Register here or call us at (989) 752-7226.
- Thursdays beginning April 14th, 1-3 pm Make Parenting a Pleasure Free 16-week virtual parent support series for caregivers, parents, and grandparents of children ages 0-8. Class material includes; how to play and connect with your child, encouraging good behavior with praise, ways to set clear limits. Register here or call us at (989) 752-7226.
- Join us Thursday, April 21st for the Child Abuse Prevention Month Pinwheel Planting Ceremony to honor those who, in partnership with our CAN Council, protect our children and strengthen families. After a brief program, guests will enjoy light refreshments and plant pinwheels to represent the healthy and safe childhoods we work to provide children. 9 am Saginaw County DHHS, 12 pm Bay County DHHS, 3 pm Huron County Courthouse
- Saturdays beginning April 23rd, 9am-5 pm Make Parenting a Pleasure Free 4-week in-person parent support series for caregivers, parents, and grandparents of children ages 0-8. Class material includes; how to play and connect with your child, encouraging good behavior with praise, ways to set clear limits. Call us at (989) 752-7226 to schedule.
- Plant Your Virtual Pinwheel Garden: Pinwheels symbolize the full and happy life that every child deserves, we “plant” them to raise awareness of both child abuse and our prevention efforts. Change your Facebook Cover Photo to the below image to “plant” a virtual pinwheel garden on your Facebook profile: