Saginaw County

Help Me Grow MI for childcare (0-12 years old) – (844) 456-5437

  • Help Me Grow Michigan is a service that provides connection to childcare providers who have openings. They also provide child development awareness and support for families and children, developmental screening, access to community resources, and training for health care providers.

Life Clinic – Saginaw: 989.754.0091 or Bay City: 989.922.5433

  • Life Clinic is a pregnancy resource center offering parent education, free pregnancy tests, ultrasound, and STI testing and treatment (for men and women).

McLaren – Saginaw County Resources Guide (PDF)

  • McLaren’s 2020 Saginaw County Community Resource Guide is a comprehensive list of various public services offered throughout the county.

Saginaw County Meal Distributions for children – (989) 399-7473

  • Saginaw County school districts have stepped up to ensure no kid goes hungry amidst school closures. Lists of available meal dates, times, and locations are provided here to help families prepare accordingly.

MDHHS Food Assistance – (517) 241-2112

  • The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services offers a Food Assistance Program, which provides temporary food assistance for eligible low-income families and individuals.

Saginaw County Assistance Programs – (989) 249-8676

  • There are several programs and agencies designed to help struggling and low-income individuals with various needs; and through these programs/agencies, you can apply for support with housing costs, food, clothing, prescription medications, etc.

Saginaw County Community Resource Guide (PDF)

  • Saginaw Public Health’s 2017 Saginaw County Community Resource Guide is a comprehensive list of various public services offered throughout the county.

Commission on Aging Services – (989) 797-6880 or (866) 763-6336

  • The Commission on Aging is geared towards providing programs and services to meet the needs of older adults. They offer a variety of assistance and opportunity to make life easier.

Saginaw County CAC for Financial Assistance – (989) 753-7741

  • The Saginaw County Community Action Center is a community action agency that provides programming to the low income and elderly population of Saginaw County. They have a number of well-established programs that include the Gardening Program, Dental Care Program, Food and Nutrition Services, Emergency Services/Housing – to name just a few.

Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority – (989) 797-3400 or (800) 258-8678

  • The Saginaw County Mental Health Authority serves as a public manager of supports and services for citizens with mental illness, developmental disabilities and chemical dependency and their families. They strive to develop a system of care and a community that values and embraces the potential and contributions of all individuals with disabilities.

United Way of Saginaw County – (989) 797-3400 or (800) 258-8678

  • United Way of Saginaw County fights to help build better futures for Saginaw County residents by funding programs that combat the root causes of financial instability.

Not finding what you’re looking for? Call 2-1-1!

2-1-1 Northeast Michigan is a free, confidential point of connection to hundreds of health and human services resources available in our area.
2-1-1 helps provide referrals for food, housing, childcare, home repair, emergency shelter, clothing, legal aid, literacy, transportation, substance abuse, senior issues, disability information, medical and dental care, prescriptions, mental health, volunteer and donation opportunities, and so much more.
When you call 2-1-1, a trained specialist will direct you to the best resource to serve your need.

For more information, visit the official 2-1-1 Northeast Michigan Call Center website.